Delivering fast installation and trusted reliability, these three lowered floor kits convert an OEM Volkswagen Caddy or Caddy Maxi to a Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle (WAV).
The Mobility Networks lowered floor solutions for WAVs fit seamlessly with OEM interiors and deliver fast and straightforward installation. Once installed they provide a tailgate ramp and flat/ sloped floor for wheelchair passengers to access a vehicle from the rear. Each conversion kit can be supplied with optional quality wheelchair tie-down retractors so fast and safe securement is assured.
Significant time and cost savings are now available to accessible vehicle convertors through specification of Caddy floor kits. Expensive in-house tooling and extensive labour costs are reduced as these pre-engineered floor and ramp solutions can be slotted into an adapted vehicle efficiently. This ultimately delivers an improved turnaround time and level of service for end users.
Each of the three lowered floor kits are supplied with a ramp which is simple-to-use. The internal floor is spacious and can be either sloped or flat. The kits have been cleverly designed so head height is maximised at 140cm – all occupants can travel in comfort.
The wheelchair tie-downs meet all current European safety standards and are crash tested to exceed the requirements of ISO 10542. They are easy-to-operate and access to each retractor is obstruction-free due to the spacious floorwell. A 3-point safety belt system is also provided to secure the wheelchair occupant.
When converted using a Mobility Networks kit, the original rear seating can be retained for standard use, folded or removed to accommodate a wheelchair passenger. This can be enhanced by the option to specify a rear ramp that folds totally flat inside the vehicle - ensuring no boot space is compromised.
From an external aesthetics point of view, the use of a lowered wheelchair accessible floor can be completely concealed by retention of the original bumper. The central section of the bumper is attached to the tailgate resulting in minimal visual difference between an accessible vehicle and a standard Caddy.
Mobility Networks can provide comprehensive training for convertors in regards to fitting of its VW Caddy floor kits along with all relevant technical specifications and drawings.
Mobility Networks also provides lowered floor conversion kits for the latest Citroën Berlingo, Ford Connect, Mercedes Benz Citan and Vito and Peugeot Partner.
- Fast and simple installation
- Quality finish with seamless OEM integration
- Reliable components that conform to all current safety standards
- Spacious, easy access for wheelchair passengers and attendants
- Efficient ordering and delivery
- Comprehensive training for conversion company engineers
- 3D CAD illustrations available for support during vehicle design process
- Efficient installation by Mobility Networks’ engineers available in certain regions
- Lowered vehicle floor and manual ramp
- 3 versions – SWB sloped floor, LWB sloped floor and LWB flat floor
- Widest floor well in its class - 84xsmm
- 140cm floor-to-ceiling height
- Aluminium ramp with anti-skid surface
- Anti-skid washable vehicle floor
- Optional integrated, retractable wheelchair restraint system with adequate belt length for passenger securement prior to boarding
- Optional wheelchair tie-downs and passenger restraints exceed ISO 10542 safety standards