Delivering fast installation and trusted reliability worldwide, this lowered floor kit converts an OEM Mercedes Citan or Renault Kangoo to a Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle (WAV).
The Mobility Networks lowered floor solutions for WAVs fit seamlessly with OEM interiors and deliver fast and straightforward installation. Once installed they provide a tailgate ramp and floor for wheelchair passengers to access a vehicle from the rear. Each conversion kit can be supplied with optional quality in-built wheelchair tie-down retractors so fast and safe securement is assured.
Significant time and cost savings are now available to accessible vehicle convertors through specification of this Mercedes Citan floor kit. Expensive in-house tooling and extensive labour costs are reduced as these pre-engineered floor and ramp solutions can be slotted into an adapted vehicle efficiently. This ultimately delivers an improved turnaround time and level of service for end users.
Each lowered floor is supplied with a strong, anti-skid ramp that feels ‘weightless’ when lifted through the assistance of a specialist mechanism. When the wheelchair passenger has been secured onboard, the ramp can be easily stowed vertically. When a wheelchair occupant does not need to be transported, the ramp can be folded flat to provide a convenient luggage platform.
The Mercedes Citan kit from Mobility Networks provides maximum flexibility. The original rear seating can be folded in a special space-saving configuration, removed or retained in an upright position. If the rear seats are removed the overall internal space to accommodate a wheelchair is an impressive 87x190cm. With the rear seats in a standard position the rear area is still generous at 87x130cm. From an external aesthetics point of view, the use of a lowered wheelchair accessible floor can be completely concealed by retention of the original bumper.
The optional wheelchair tie-downs meet all current European safety standards and are crash tested to exceed the requirements of ISO 10542. They are simple to use and are accompanied by a 3-point safety belt system that secures the wheelchair occupant.
Comprehensive training is available for convertors in regards to fitting of Mobility Networks’ floor kits along with all relevant technical specifications and drawings.
Mobility Networks also provide lowered floor conversion kits for the latest Citroën Berlingo, Ford Connect, Mercedes Benz Vito, Peugeot Partner and VW Caddy.
- Fast and simple installation
- Quality finish with seamless OEM integration
- Reliable components that conform to all current safety standards
- Spacious, easy access for wheelchair passengers and attendants
- Efficient ordering and delivery
- Comprehensive training for conversion company engineers
- 3D CAD illustrations available for support during vehicle design process
- Efficient on site installation by Mobility Networks’ engineers available in certain regions – details available on request
- Lowered vehicle floor and manual ramp with mechanism for ‘weight-less’ lifting
- Versatile rear seating for maximum flexibility and three rear space configurations: 87x130cm, 87x180cm, 87x190cm
- Generous headroom – 145cm
- 300kg SWL
- Coated aluminium ramp with anti-skid surface
- Anti-skid washable vehicle floor
- Optional, retractable wheelchair restraint system with adequate belt length for passenger securement prior to boarding
- Optional wheelchair tie-downs and passenger restraints exceed ISO 10542 safety standards