The Van Lift from PLS is a cassette based, semi-automatic telescopic platform for enhanced rear access. It delivers the lightest and most flexible solution on the market, engineered specifically for commercial vans.
The 400kg SWL Van Lift is a leading choice across the world for commercial operators that require a strong, reliable and safe vehicle platform lift.
It delivers the widest range of options available today and its flexible design ensures compatibility with the vast majority of van brands. Whether fitted by specialist engineers from PLS or not, installation to a van with a standard or raised floor is straightforward and efficient.
The AccessTM Van Lift is stowed externally under the vehicle floor in a compact and unobtrusive galvanised cassette box that protects the platform, bridging plate and mechanisms from corrosion. When operated via a simple two-button roaming controller, the lift will automatically deploy from the cassette ready for manual positioning of handrails. A safe, robust platform is then available for loading that incorporates antislip, ‘cleating’ surfaces strips and automatic ‘roll-off stops’.
Lift lengths range from 1220–1410mm with associated standard width of 825mm. Bespoke versions can be hand-built by the specialist PLS engineers if required and the Van Lift can deliver an impressive 470mm platform height above the top of the cassette. The generous surface dimensions allow ample space for the operator to stand on the platform whilst lifting passengers or loads.
The new Lite version is lighter, stronger and can operate to greater heights than previous versions.
Through a new re-engineered ‘smart design’ and innovative use of cutting edge materials, the new Lite version delivers a remarkable 50kg weight reduction when compared to similar competitors lifts. Intelligent design has been implemented throughout the manufacturing process so that reliability is maximised and maintenance is minimised. When fitted, the new Lite version will operate with 30% less hydraulic pressure than other models, so battery power is saved when loading. This higher level of operational efficiency means more lifts can be performed without increased drain on vehicle batteries.
- Strong, durable and safe
- Fuel consumption savings due to lighter weight – only 165kg
- Flexible design with advanced van compatibility
- High quality, reliable components that are proven to perform
- Minimised down time through straightforward servicing and safety checking
- No reduction of internal vehicle space
- No additional noise with anti-vibration features as standard
- Enhanced safety through self leveling bridge plate and anti-slip surfaces
- Broadest range of options for tailor made specification
- Fast, no hassle on site installation by skilled PLS engineers available
- Platform usable size: 825mm (w) x 1410 (l)
- Cassette size: 1000mm (w) x 1280mm (l) x 180mm (d)
- Max lifting height (ground to vehicle floor) 1050mm
- SWL 400kg
- Lift standard weight: 185kg fitted
- Twin red rubber coated handrails
- 12 or 24 volt electrics
- 2-button pendant control
- Automatic bridging plate
- Two folding handrails with extensions if required
- Platform with durable, anti-slip cleating strips
- Emergency auxiliary hand pump
- Automatic hydraulic ramp stop
- Manual override
- Interior or exterior pump housing available
- Lifting capability upgrades
- Box micro fitted to enable a correct stowage signal
- 2 x remote controllers that include illumination and/or wireless operation
- Flush mounted door control option
- Additional handsets
- Lift cycle counter
- Lift Bumper Step – for external access over lift when stowed (IVA compliant)
- Doorsafe II – secures rear doorway of the vehicle when lift is being operated
- Stop-Safe – wheelchair safety barrier
- SWL and CE certificates issued
- LOLER Installation Compliance
- Fully DDA, COIF, SVTA, EEC 2001/85, BS6109 Part 2 and IVA 2009 compliant
- Meets ECWVTA (European Whole Vehicle Type Approval)
- ISO accredited production