This is a highly durable, large disabled lift for wheelchair passengers that is automatic and delivers safe access to luxury and executive coaches.
Built with all the precision and quality you would expect from the market leader, this PLS lift can be located within the bottom locker and is suitable for touring coaches with up to a 1.7m ground-to-deck height. It has a world-class loading capacity of 400kg as standard with a 500kg optional upgrade – it is one of the strongest and largest coach cassette lifts on the market.
This disabled access lift for wheelchair passengers is ideal for retro-fitting or new coach builds. It has semi-automatic operation with only the platform extension and handrail requiring manual depoloyment. As it is housed in the bottom locker, corrosion from external environmental elements is avoided so lift performance is maximized. Anti-rattle features are fitted as standard so no additional noise is experienced with the lift installed.
Despite its significant size, the ACCESS™ MEGA Coach Bottom-locker Lift from Passenger Lift Services is stowed in a compact cassette so internal locker space is maximized. There is a variety of platform lengths available ranging from 1.4m to 2m and a choice of either 825mm and 925mm widths.
As with all PLS electric wheelchair lifts and Mobility Networks access products, conforming with safety legislation is a top priority. This is why the ACCESS™ MEGA Coach Bottom-locker Lift has an anti-slip platform surface and raised, high visibility yellow edging to ensure drivers and passengers are safe during transfer.
This strong, highly competent wheelchair access lift is compatible with the majority of coach designs and is an assured choice. It is fully PSVAR, DDA and Directive 2001/85/EC compliant and with the assistance of specialist servicing from Passenger Lift Services, it will deliver long lasting value and utmost performance.
Access™ MEGA Coach Bottom-locker Lift benefits:
- A low lift location for enhanced wheelchair passenger peace of mind
- Fast, efficient installation available from PLS in the UK/parts of Europe and via Mobility Networks in certain other worldwide regions
- Minimal maintenance and safety checks required – servicing available worldwide in many regions by Mobility Networks
- Strongest, safest and lightest coach locker-bottom lift on the market
- Advanced compatibility with all types of coach
- Simple operation
- World-class quality and reliability
- Anti-vibration features built-in as standard
Access™ MEGA Coach Bottom-locker Lift features:
- Platform surface dimensions: 825/925mm(w) x 1410/1510/1610-2000mm(l)
- Cassette dimensions: 1000mm(w) x 1550-2260mm(l) x 220mm (d)
- Lifting height (ground to vehicle floor) up to 1700mm
- SWL 400kg
- Overall standard weight: 230-270kg
- Easy-grip twin red rubber coated handrails
- Suitable for new builds or retrofits
Access™ MEGA Coach Bottom-locker Lift options:
- Lifting capability upgrades up to 500kg
- Extendable handrails (out and in)
- Automatic box lock
- Flashing / static LED warning lights
- Box micro fitted to enable a correct stowage signal
- Audible warning device
- Additional handsets
- Lift cycle counter
- Doorsafe II – this barrier secures the rear doorway of the vehicle when the lift is being operated
- Stop-Safe – an anti roll-off barrier that is manually slotted into the platform end
- Stop-Safe Ultra – this higher specification version also includes safety belts
Access™ MEGA Coach Bottom-locker Lift wheelchair safety compliance:
- SWL and CE certificates issued
- LOLER Installation Compliance
- Fully PSVAR, DDA, COIF, SVTA and BS6109 Part 2 compliant
- Meets ECWVTA (European Whole Vehicle Type Approval)
- ISO accredited production