Passenger Lift Services (PLS), is part of the international Mobility Networks Group which provides a ‘one stop shop’ for vehicle access solutions in the PCV and WAV sectors. It operates across multiple countries with a network of suppliers and manufacturers at the forefront of access innovation. By specifying PLS products, installation and servicing, European bus and coach builders can choose the most high-performing wheelchair lifts and ramps available today. Mobility Networks has recently expanded its operations into North America, Australia and New Zealand to further strengthen its global position and diversify its product range. The Italian lift manufacturer CarOil was recently acquired by Mobility Networks and following a comprehensive business restructuring, its wheelchair lifts are now providing a wider range of solutions via PLS in the UK and beyond. These new products, along with a series of new access ramps and the latest PLS coach lifts will be launched at Eurobus Expo.
PLS will be launching nine new products on Stand D80. Fleet convertors and operators visiting Eurobus Expo will be able to see live rig demonstrations of four new coach lifts from PLS:
- NEW i6-H Mega Coach Lift – the UK market-leading coach lift with the highest SWL at 500kgs, new easy lock handrails and simple 2-button operation
- NEW EQM Ski-locker Coach Lift – with the largest platform and smallest cassette of any ski-locker coach lift. Its simple yet highly effective mechanical platform operation delivers ultimate reliability
- NEW basic Ski-locker Coach Lift – a cost effective solution with an all aluminium cassette box and simple one-piece platform
- NEW PLS V-Spec Lift – a cost effective alternative lift for low frequency use. It still incorporates high quality construction, aluminium lift platform and cassette construction for class-leading weight savings
PLS will also be unveiling five new bus ramps:
- NEW Vertical Minibus Ramp – incorporating a strong extruded non-slip platform and leading aesthetic design. This new minibus ramp has automatic lock disengagement, quick release action and a simple pivot base options
- NEW Standard Low Floor Bus Ramp (manual) – simple, lightweight, slim-line and cost effective
- NEW Standard Low Floor Bus Ramp (powered) – a streamlined new ‘fold-over’ design that encompasses minimal components yet delivers a strong and highly reliable ramp. It is lightweight and can be installed efficiently to reduce bus build times
- NEW ELITE Low Floor Bus Ramp (manual) – a new fully extruded alloy design to provide the most robust ramp available today with simple fold-over operation and ‘key-locking’ handle
- NEW ELITE Low Floor Bus ramp (powered) – this automatic ramp is housed in a cassette for faster installation and its new unique powered ‘blade’ design bridges any possible access gaps using a simple linkage mechanism.
These new products will be showcased along with the established and continually evolving Access™ range of bus and coach wheelchair lifts from PLS. The Access™ range of lift solutions from PLS is regarded as the lightest, strongest and most reliable on the market. PLS has driven innovation with the sector since inception in 1991 and continues to raise the bar in terms of component quality, engineering excellence and manufacturing precision. Its trusted products deliver weight-saving solutions that optimize fuel consumption and offer utmost reliability, safety and value through assured durability and performance.
Mike Simmonds, Mobility Networks CEO comments: “We are delighted once more to be unveiling new PLS Access™ innovations at Eurobus Expo. Through the international support of the Mobility Networks Group and its own manufacturing prowess, PLS has the ability to deliver wheelchair lifts and ramps of the utmost calibre. We continue to evolve and expand the product range so the latest access and legislative challenges can be met through a holistic service programme. The four new coach lifts and five new ramps debuting at the NEC represent a significant show highlight. I would encourage all specifiers to meet with PLS at Eurobus so they can discover why this trusted specialist is first choice for assured PCV wheelchair passenger access.”
* ENDS *
The Mobility Networks Group
Established in 2014 with worldwide headquarters in Kent, UK, Mobility Networks is the leading multi-national specialist in accessible vehicle solutions. It provides a single source for all the latest innovations in vehicle access solutions from across the world. With a portfolio that is continually expanding, its products currently include vehicle access lifts, ramps, hatches, door opening systems and wheelchair accessible vehicle, lowered floor conversion kits.
Mobility Networks combines global expertise with local knowledge to deliver a world-class service. Its multi-lingual team is fully committed to resolving the needs of vehicle specifiers, bus and coach convertors and transport operators. This ensures all aspects of worldwide accessibility, safety and legislative conformity are met now and in the future. Mobility Networks’ pioneering products are synonymous with quality and reliability and are further enhanced by a holistic support programme that provides proven design consultancy, installation and servicing.
Passenger Lift Services Limited, a Mobility Networks Company
PLS is based in Smethwick, West Midlands and is a leading name in the design, manufacture and support of powered, wheelchair lifts and ramps for buses, coaches and specialist vehicles. Regarded as the UK market leader in underfloor passenger lifts, PLS has delivered an unrivalled range of products and services since inception in 1990.
Issued on behalf of:
Mike Simmonds, CEO
Mobility Networks (Holdings) Ltd.
12 Estuary View Business Park
Whitstable, Kent. CT5 3SE